Spinomed is a back brace for vertebral extension in osteoporosis and strengthening of the core musculature. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the spine and only on intact skin.
- Belt system and back support cause activation by triggering biofeedback
- Increase in mobility by enhancing muscle strength
- Reduction of kyphosis from osteoporosis
- Reduction of pain
How does it work?/Mode of action
When you wear the Spinomed, your back muscles will be activated. As a result, your upper body will be gently straightened, countering the curvature of the spine which is typical of osteoporosis. The Spinomed stimulates the body’s own muscle resources. The back splint will have been individually adjusted by your orthopaedic technician. Together with the straps, the brace supports your muscles in holding your shoulders back and straightening your upper body. You will still be able to freely move your shoulders and arms as well as breathe unhindered. If the brace has been optimally adjusted, it can reduce pain and increase day-to-day mobility.
- Wear the Spinomed over your clothes. To make it easier for you to put on the brace, it is helpful to stand in front of a long mirror.
- Putting on the Spinomed is like putting on a rucksack
- Undo the large Velcro fastening at the front.
- Put on the orthosis as you would normally put on a rucksack. The lighter side of the back brace goes against your back.
- Pass your right hand through the loop on the right-hand closing side. Hold the left-hand closing side with your other hand and close the tummy sheet. The orthosis is positioned correctly when the closing edge is immediately on top of the batten.
- Now look in the mirror to check
- The fit of the back brace: this should nestle closely against your spine. The bottom edge of the brace is level with the buttock cleft.
- The strap system; none of the straps should be twisted.
- The fit of the shoulder pad; the strap must not cut into the underarm area.
- The reverse buckles; these must not press in at the side.
While you are getting used to the brace and to progressively re-establish muscle activity, wearing of the brace should be gradually increased. This means that you should wear the Spinomed a little longer each day, gently training the muscles. Depending on physical condition, an uninterrupted wearing time of 30 minutes will be sufficient at the beginning, which is then gradually increased.
Aluminum, Polyester, Elastane, Elastomer