The M.4s comfort is a functional knee brace. The product is exclusively to be used for the orthotic fitting of the knee and only on intact skin.
- Optimal stabilisation using 4-point principle
- Safe collateral stabilisation by riged Frame
- Extension and flexion limitation protects against damaging joint movements and relieves injured structures
- Optimal immitation of Knee movement by using patented physioglide Hinge Technology
- Extension limitation: 5° Hypex*, 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°
- Flexion limitation: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°*
- Immobilisation: 0°, 10°, 20°, 30°, 45°
- Open all the straps. Sit on the edge of a chair, pull the brace up the affected leg and flex your knee to 45°. Position the joints so that the centres of the hinges (extension wedges) are on a level with the top edge of the kneecap. Make sure that the brace is not twisted on your leg.
- First fasten the lower front calf strap, then the upper back thigh strap. Keep your knee in a flexed position and push both joints towards the back of the leg.
- Now fasten the lower back thigh strap. Make sure that you do not have the hinge joints positioned in front of the midline of the leg.
- Now fasten the upper front calf strap. Then the upper back calf strap, and finally the front thigh strap.
- Bend your knee slightly a few times and refasten the straps again in the order described above to prevent the brace slipping.
- Only change the extension and flexion limits on instruction from your doctor or orthotist. In order to prevent hyperextension, always insert extension wedges or 0° wedges. The wedges define the exact excursion of the orthosis. In difficult soft-tissue conditions, e.g. where the soft-tissues are under compression, it may be necessary to insert the larger wedge to limit the joint movement to the desired excursion. In addition, make sure that the orthosis joints are correctly positioned: the middles of the joints should be level with the upper border of the patella. The joint must lie behind the midline of the leg.
- Shaping the orthosis
- When shaping the orthosis, please ensure that the joints stay parallel. This guarantees that the orthosis will function well and run easily and that there is no excessive wear.
- Fastening the belt eyes
- The belt eyes have been adequately fastened and are, to some extent, deliberately mobile. Please do not tighten the screws; they are tight enough. If you apply too much force, you can break off the screws.
M.4s Comfort is also available in compact version. Developed for smaller patients or for use during active sports.
Avional, Velours, Polyester, PU foam
Can be washed by hand at 30 degrees.